About Chickadee Cloth Diapers
Want to make your own cloth diapers?
Chickadee sized all in one (AIO) cloth diapers are a tested, trim, easy option for your baby! I hand-make each one here in Rhode Island!
Chickadee cloth diapers will make you smile at every diaper change! They're fun, they're functional, they fit!
Whether you love cloth diapering, or are just getting started in cloth, you will love Chickadee cloth diapers!! Why? Because they are easy, they work, and they are so stinkin' cute! ;)
The Chickadee diaper is my own unique design, using all the features I wanted for my own baby. I tried all the types out there and discovered the features that truly worked BEST for ease, quick drying, comfortable fit, and super absorbency. I tried, tested, and adjusted my design on my daughter and was so pleased I knew I had to share Chickadee with the world!
Want to sew your own Chickadee cloth for your babe? Click here to buy my digital Chickadee cloth diaper pattern, including all four sizes!
Whether you're a cloth diaper enthusiast (like me!) or just starting out in cloth diapering and want something you trust to work and be as easy as a disposable (plus supporting an indie business!), you will love Chickadee cloth.
- I make each diaper myself, from my tested design. MADE IN USA! :)
- All-in-one design: one piece! Nothing to lose in the wash! Easy as a disposable!
- SIZED diapers: Get Your Perfect Fit! I designed Dorybird diapers to both FIT and have the RIGHT ABSORBENCY for your child's size. If you want a TRIM diaper without the issues of OS diapers like bulky bunchy fabric, scratchy rise snaps, or your babe outgrowing the fit OR the absorbency, try Chickadee! Babies come in more than one size!
- Bamboo, cotton, hemp natural fiber insert: When folded in thirds, you get 9 LAYERS of absorbency! Tested on my heavy wetter!! Each size diaper has its own appropriately sized insert.
- Quick-Dry! The insert is TRIFOLD, meaning it's a 3-layer rectangle that dries in one cycle!
- Waterproof PUL outer! No cover needed!
- Simple one-piece design! Attached insert goes into the sleeve pocket so there are no flappy moving parts to deal with on a squirmy baby! Also, I can't stand spraying/cleaning those flappy soakers on other diapers (there is always hidden poo), so I have spared you the trouble, too! :)
- Super soft stay-dry inner keeps baby feeling dry. (If you want natural fiber on baby's bum, you can fold and leave the insert on top of the pocket: done!)
- Easy as a disposable! CAREGIVER AND DAYCARE FRIENDLY! When you have a stack of these ready to go, there is no confusion. When you open it up, it looks like a disposable. I've used them at nursery school and they like them better than any others they've seen!
- No unstuffing! The insert agitates out on its own in the wash (but still stays attached)! If you add other boosters to the pocket, they will come out, too. :)
- Easy BIG HAND FRIENDLY sleeve! Super simple to get the insert into the pocket. Daddy tested and approved! :)
- Snap-in Insert is removable if needed -- to prep, clean, dry how you like, use in another shell. Insert snaps are covered so do not touch baby.
Newborn: 6-12 lbs. * Rise fully stretched = 13.5"
Small: 10-17 lbs. * Rise fully stretched = 14.5"
Medium: 14-26 lbs. * Rise fully stretched = 16"
Large: 22-35+ lbs. * Rise fully stretched = 19" (generous!!)
Weights are approximate. Every baby is shaped differently, and that's why I've made 4 sizes for your little one's perfect fit! :)
You can use your diapers right away, but for best performance, prep your inserts! Just like a fluffy towel, natural fiber inserts gain absorbency with every wash.
Every Chickadee cloth diaper comes to you already prewashed (shells and trifold inserts) once in unscented free&clear cloth-diaper safe detergent. Yay! The shell needs no further prepping, but the inserts will reach full absorbency after 5-7 more washes/dries.
HERE IS HOW TO PREP YOUR INSERTS:
- Wash inserts with a load of other laundry (or other natural fiber diapers to be prepped) on HOT or WARM with your favorite regular CD-safe detergent. (I have used Country Save, Planet, Persil Sensitive, and All Free&Clear with success!)
- Then dry on medium.
- Repeat the process 5-7 more times. This is easy to do if you throw them in with whatever load of hot or warm generic laundry you are doing.
Regular washing = wash using your preferred cloth diaper laundry routine. I do a hot wash with high agitation (heavy soil), with 2 extra rinses. Then I dry on medium.
Please only use cloth-diaper-safe bum creams -- I recommend CJ's BUTTer, but whichever you prefer!
Staining? I highly recommend sunning -- leaving your diapers in direct sunlight for a couple hours. Works best when they are wet. Sunning DOES work on overcast/rainy/winter days, too! I have also had great success with Buncha Farmers Stain Stick.
Thank you so much for supporting a one-person small business! I appreciate each and every order.