This is an instant digital PDF download; it is not a finished cloth diaper.
Ready to make some cute, easy, comfy cloth for your little one? Using the Chickadee pattern and following my CLEAR step-by-step tutorial with photos, you can make your own stash of cloth diapers! I detail everything you need for the diaper pocket shells and super absorbent inserts in all 4 sizes: Newborn, Small, Medium, and Large. This pattern is all you need from newborn to toddler! You can do it! :)
This pattern makes the same Chickadee diapers that are available ready-to-ship in my shop (click here to shop ready-to-ship cloth diapers)
What makes Chickadee different?
* All-in-one design: one piece! Nothing to lose in the wash! Easy as a disposable!
* SIZED diapers: Get Your Perfect Fit! I designed Dorybird diapers to both FIT and have the RIGHT ABSORBENCY for your child's size. If you want a TRIM diaper without the issues of OS diapers like bulky bunchy fabric, scratchy rise snaps, or your babe outgrowing the fit OR the absorbency, try Chickadee! Babies come in more than one size!
* Bamboo, cotton, hemp natural fiber insert: When folded in thirds, you get 9 LAYERS of absorbency! Tested on my heavy wetter!! Each size diaper has its own appropriately sized insert.
* Quick-Dry! The insert is TRIFOLD, meaning it's a 3-layer rectangle that dries in one cycle!
* Waterproof PUL outer! No cover needed!
* Simple one-piece design! Attached insert goes into the sleeve pocket so there are no flappy moving parts to deal with on a squirmy baby! Also, I can't stand spraying/cleaning those flappy soakers on other diapers (there is always hidden poo), so I have spared you the trouble, too! :)
* Super soft stay-dry inner keeps baby feeling dry. (If you want natural fiber on baby's bum, you can fold and leave the insert on top of the pocket: done!)
* Easy as a disposable! CAREGIVER AND DAYCARE FRIENDLY! When you have a stack of these ready to go, there is no confusion. When you open it up, it looks like a disposable. I've used them at nursery school and they like them better than any others they've seen!
* No unstuffing! The insert agitates out on its own in the wash (but still stays attached)! If you add other boosters to the pocket, they will come out, too. :)
* Easy BIG HAND FRIENDLY sleeve! Super simple to get the insert into the pocket. Daddy tested and approved! :)
* Snap-in Insert is removable if needed -- to prep, clean, dry how you like, use in another shell. Insert snaps are covered so do not touch baby.
Newborn: 6-12 lbs. * Rise fully stretched = 13.5"
Small: 10-17 lbs. * Rise fully stretched = 14.5"
Medium: 14-26 lbs. * Rise fully stretched = 16"
Large: 22-35+ lbs. * Rise fully stretched = 19" (generous!!)
Weights are approximate. Every baby is shaped differently, and that's why I've made 4 sizes for your little one's perfect fit! :)
The Chickadee diaper is my own unique design, using all the features I wanted for my own baby. I tried all the types out there and discovered the features that truly worked BEST for ease, quick drying, comfortable fit, and super absorbency. I tried, tested, and adjusted my design on my daughter and was so pleased I knew I had to share Chickadee with the world!
Chickadee sized all in one (AIO) cloth diapers are a tested, trim, easy option for your baby!
Chickadee cloth diapers will make you smile at every diaper change! They're fun, they're functional, they fit!
All content in this digital document, including but not limited to the pattern and instructions is copyrighted. Photography, illustrations, and layout property of Dorothy Tully of Dorybird. This pattern is intended for home use of the original purchaser. You may not copy, sell, or redistribute this pattern or instructions in any form.
You may sell finished products you have created in your own home from this pattern, as long as you credit the Chickadee cloth diaper pattern and link to www.Dorybird.com with your products/listings. Mass production/manufacturing is expressly prohibited. You may NOT produce items in bulk quantity or in a factory setting or cottage industry where more than one person is involved in assembly and production of items.